Robert S. MacIntyre, Jr.
Robert S. MacIntyre, Jr., with 45 years as a trial lawyer, has focused his practice for the last thirty-five years on fiduciary litigation, trying all types of estate, trust, and guardianship cases. Mr. MacIntyre has represented individuals and institutions in the probate and contest of wills; the interpretation and modification of trusts; the creation of and opposition to guardianships. Bob’s clients include individuals, trust companies, along with numerous non-profit and charitable entities throughout Texas.
J.D., 1973, University of Houston Law Center
Houston Law Review, 1972-1973
B.A., 1969, Kenyon College
Admission to the State Bar of Texas, 1973
United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
All United States District Courts in State of Texas
Represented clients and fiduciaries in will contests
Represented beneficiaries as well as trustees in all types of trust litigation
Represented creditors in obtaining relief in the probate courts
Represented individuals with significant resources in resolving their differences with various taxing entities
Represented families and/or individuals in contested guardianships
Obtained numerous favorable jury verdicts in will contest cases
AWARDS, RECOGNITION & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Fellow, American College of Trusts and Estate Counsel
- Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory AV Rating
- Selected for inclusion in listing of The Best Lawyers in America, 2006 - 2018
- Selected as Super Lawyer in Texas, by Texas Monthly and Texas Super Lawyers, 2006 – 2018
- Selected for inclusion in listing of Best Lawyers in Houston, H Texas Magazine
- Assistant Attorney General of the State of Texas, 1973-1975
- Director of the State Bar of Texas
- Director, 1990-1993
- Grievance Committee, 1983-1986
- Chair, 1986
- Fellow: Texas Bar Foundation
- Member of the Houston Bar Association
- Director, 1984-1986
- Secretary, 1986-1987
- Treasurer, 1987-1988
- Two Presidential Awards for Outstanding Service
- Fellow: Houston Bar Foundation
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association
- Member of Attorneys in Tax and Probate
- Trustee, TIRR Foundation; Chair 2011 & 2012
- President, TIRR Family, 2007
- Director, Episcopal High School Dads' Club, 1992-2000; President 1994
- President, Garwood Hunting Club, 1993-1994
- Director, West University Little League, 1989-1992
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
"Administration with a Surviving Spouse"
State Bar of Texas Annual Advanced Estate Planning and Probate Course, June 2007
“Trial of Will Contests”
University of Houston College of Law, 2006
"Trial of Will Contests"
South Texas College of Law, 2005
“Survey of Recent Cases"
Houston Bar Association, Probate Section, Fall 2002
"Probate Litigation in Decedents' Estates"
Legal Assistants Division, State Bar of Texas, Fall 2002
"Advanced Civil Discovery Under the New Rules"
University of Houston Law Foundation, Spring 2000 and 2001
“Probate Litigation in Decedents’ Estates”
Wills & Probate Institute, 2001
"Evidentiary Considerations in Contested Probate Matters"
Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association, Winter 2000
Trust Section of Texas Bankers’ Association, 2001
"Ethics and Malpractice: Practical Considerations for Estate Planning and Probate Lawyers: A Case Study Ethics Panel"
Wills & Probate Institute, 1997 & 1998
"Evidentiary Problems in Probate Litigation"
"Other Personal Property Liens-Common Law and Statutory Possessory Liens"
State Bar of Texas Institute, Winter 1990